Battling life, Alexei Navalny refused movement to another facility
- Known Putin baiter Alexei Navalny is in hospital, unconscious and in Coma
- At present being treated at a Siberian hospital in Omsk, Russia
- Hospital refuses to be moved to another facility
- German air ambulance with a team specialised for coma patients refused landing
- Navalny battling for his life as his allies allege poisoning via Tea.
Why is Alexei Navalny so important? Story so far...
- Law Graduate and Yale World Fellow 2010
- Moscow resident, living with wife and two children
- Fierce critic and leader of opposition to Vladimir Putin's Government.
- A trained lawyer investigated into Russian state energy companies in late 2000s.
- Came to limelight by allegedly exposing the corrupt activities of Putin's Government.
- Served imprisonment for 15 days in the year 2011 and jailed briefly in July 2013 on embezzlement charges.
- Denounced this sentence as politically motivated.
- Stood and barred from 2018 Presidential race on previous fraud convictions
- Sentenced to a 30 day jail term in 2019 after calls for 'unauthorised' protests.
- Navalny emerged as an investigative journalist, showcasing corporate records, drone footage and social media content on how Putin's circle siphoned off billions of dollars.
- Termed President Putin's party 'a place of crooks and thieves' and accused the governments system as "sucking the blood out of Russia".
- Has played an important role in leading nationwide protests against government actions.
- He was taken ill during his earlier jail sentences also, and was suspected to have been exposed to some toxic agent.
- Doctors diagnosed him with contact dermatitis at that time to which he reacted that he never had any acute allergic reaction.
- Navalny had earlier as well alleged of being poisoned.
- The recent episode of suspected poisoning is second for the opposition leader.
- His Anti-Corruption Foundation was officially declared a foreign agent last year, giving authorities power to keep a more vigil check on it.
Lawyer, Activist, Leader of Opposition!
- According to his allies 'Navalny's paying a price for exposing the corrupt activities of Putin's regime'.
- Has faced years of pressure, spent months in jail for protests, and months more in courtrooms to defend criminal cases.
- Emerged as Leader of Opposition during Bolotnaya protests of 2011, where more than 1 lac Russians came out to protest against the vote rigging in parliamentary elections.
- Navalny's supporters and allies, allege that 'each time he and his team would come up with a blasting investigation; they were suppressed from doing so in one or the other way'.
- Poison episode of 20th Aug, 2020 is the most recent attempt
What do you think? Share your views in comment section