- Chief Justice of India, Justice N. V. Ramana, had spoken about the need of establishing the National Judicial Infrastructure Corporation during his address in an event held at the Allahabad High Court.
- Justice Ramana also unveiled the portrait of late Senior Advocate Shri Anand Bhushan Saran.
- He also spoke, among other things, about strengthening the judicial infrastructure in India and the need for a National Judicial Infrastructure Corporation.
- The foundation stone laying ceremony of the “Advocates Chambers and Multi-level Parking” was held, on 11th September 2021, at the Allahabad High Court.
- It was also the foundation stone laying ceremony of the new National Law University to be established at Prayagraj, Allahabad.
- Several prominent leaders, including our President Ram Nath Govind, CJI Justice N. V. Ramana, and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, had attended the ceremony.
Highlights of CJI’s Speech
- It is important to strengthen the judicial infrastructure as it can help in improving access to justice, by catering to the rising cases and litigants, and their changing needs.
- The setting up of the Advocates Chambers and Multi-level Parking at the Allahabad High Court would aid in creating a “barrier-free-citizen-friendly” atmosphere.
- The growth in legal education impacts the growth in the legal system. It is, therefore, necessary to have quality legal education which could produce eligible professionals.
- CJI Justice N. V. Ramana also congratulated and thanked the prominent leading lights present in the ceremony.
Need for a National Judicial Infrastructure Corporation
- Chief Justice Ramana was disquieted by the prevailing work environment for Court staff and judges and said that the country failed to focus on providing good infrastructure for Courts after the British had left.
- He expressed his concern for the establishment of a National Judicial Infrastructure Corporation that would help in developing and implementing the National Court Development Project.
- The NJIC, he opined, would help in creating National Assets across the country by following the principles of social responsibility and inclusive architecture.
Hope the snippet was informative enough to lead you to answer the following questions. Please comment on your answers below.
I) In which city is the new National Law University proposed to be established?
II) State any two benefits of establishing National Judicial Infrastructure Corporation as said by CJ Ramana?