- The Supreme Court saw that Section 362 of the Code of Criminal Procedure doesn't engage a court to suo moto review the prior order passed by it.
- Name of the case : XXX vs State of Kerala
- Foundation of the case :
- The bench including Justices Vineet Saran and Aniruddha Bose put aside a Kerala High court order reviewing its previous judgment subduing assault and child rape charges against different accused.
- Later, the bench quashed the proceedings on basis of marriage of the accused to the victim.
- The court saw that considering Section 362 Cr.P.C. the Court doesn't have the ability to change the judgment and order once passed, but to address the administrative or arithmetical mistake.
- What is Section 362 CrPC ?
- In CrPc, whether there is provision of review ?
Share your views in the comments section below.