BACKGROUND OF THE CASE
- A qualified Chartered Accountant, Mohan Bhinde,has filed a petition through Advocates Neelaja Kirpekar and Shekhar Bhagat.
- The petition seeks direction to the Maharashtra Government to permit travel once 15 days from the last day of COVID vaccine administration has lapsed.
SUBMISSIONS MADE IN THE PLEA
- A significant number of people are already fully vaccinated.
- Approximately 30% of the entire population of the state of Maharashtra are already vaccinated with at least one dose of the vaccine.
- It alleges that people who have completed 15 days after their second dose of vaccines are safe to begin their normal life.
- They can resume travelling by public transport such as local trains and conduct normal business by keeping the shops and offices open for the full duration.
- They must follow the rules and guidelines that were applicable prior to the pandemic of COVID 19 lockdown.
PRAYERS MADE IN THE PLEA
- It has stressed upon the fact the vaccinated population must be allowed to carry out their regular business and profession activities by using the public mode of transport for the full duration.
- It claims that if the population with complete vaccination are allowed to earn their livelihood, then the same will aid in faster recovery of the economy.
- The relaxation, if granted, will act as a motivation for the citizen to take the vaccine. It will act as a catalyst in achieving the goal of getting the whole population vaccinated.
- As more people will become fully vaccinate and start working, this will drive the economic growth and will reduce the risk of the third wave.
STATE GOVERNMENT ORDER
- In support of this clause, it relied upon the State Government’s order dated July 15.
- As per this order, permission is given to the people from outside Maharashtra to enter the state without a negative RT-PCR test report, if they are fully vaccinated against the COVID 19 at least 15 days prior to their travel.
The PIL will be heard soon. What do you think about this case?