The Ministry of Women and Child Development has prepared the draft National Policy for Women after considering suggestions/comments received from stakeholders. The Draft envisions a society in which, women attain their full potential and are able to participate as equal partners in all spheres of life.
The draft policy addresses the diverse needs of women through identified priority areas :
- (i) Health including food security and nutrition,
- (ii) Education,
- (iii) Economy (including agriculture industry, labour, employment, NRI women, soft power, service sector, science and technology), Violence against women,
- (iv) Governance and decision making
- (v) Violence Against Women
- (vi) Enabling environment (including housing, shelter and infrastructure, drinking water and sanitation, media and culture, sports and social security)
- (vii) Environment and climate change.
This information was given by the Minister of Women and Child Development, Smriti Zubin Irani, in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
Tags : Others