One Lawrence Paul Anderson, from Chickasha, Oklahoma was booked into jail on 15th February, 2021 on charges of murdering his uncle, maiming his aunt and killing their 4 years old granddaughter. It was when he was already in jail that the accused confessed to having committed another murder, the murder of his neighbour, one Andrea Lynn Blankenship, who was about 41 years old. It was alleged that Lawrence had curved out Andrea’s heart and cooked a meal with such sliced heart and potato in order to “release the demons” and fed his uncle and their family before attacking them.
Grady County Special Judge Regina Lowe denied bail to Lawrence in his first Court appearance post his alleged confession, to which Lawrence reportedly said, “ I don’t want no bail, Your Honour.” The defence in the case, Anderson’s Attorney, Al Hooch indicated clearly that he would seek his mental evaluation to determine if he is competent to stand trial.
- Lawrence Paul Anderson, was a resident of Chickasha, Oklahoma and was sentenced to a 20 year imprisonment in 2017 on account of probation violations on a drug case.
- The imprisonment of 20 years was reduced to an imprisonment of 9 years by Oklahoman Governor, Kevin Stitt (Republican) commuted the sentence to nine years last year per the recommendation of the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board.
- He was released from prison as a part of a Mass Communication Effort after he served his sentence for a little more than 3 years.
- After he was released in January, 2021, he came back to his home.
- In February, 2021, he broke into his neighbour Andrea Lynn Blankenship’s home, and murdered her. Post her murder, he allegedly carved up her heart and in an attempt to “release the demons”, cooked it with sauteed potatoes.
- He cooked the meal with the potatoes in the house of his uncle and aunt, Delsie Pye and Leon Pye, and tried to feed it to them , and then he attacked them, killing his uncle, Devon Pye and their 4 year old granddaughter, Kaeos Yates.
- In the process he heavily injured his aunt, Delsie Pye, and himself.
- The Police rushed to the scene of crime after receiving a call in the Emergency Number 911, but no-one spoke over the call.
- On reaching the Pye household, they could hear a woman calling for help and there was none but Anderson present at the scene.
- After having been rushed to the hospital and receiving requisite medical aid, Delsie identified Anderson to have fatally injured Leon, her husband, and Kaeos, her grand daughter.
- It was when he was in the University of Oklahoma Medical Centre that he confessed to murdering Blankenship, whose body was later discovered by the police.
Anderson’s Attorney reportedly brought to the attention of the Court that while the accused of triple murders had been presented to the Court during his trial for the last case he was imprisoned for, he had informed the Court that he used to take medicines for bipolar disorder. Anderson’s attorney, Al Hoch, indicated that he will seek a mental evaluation to determine whether Anderson is competent to stand trial.
Grady County District Attorney Jason Hicks criticized the criminal justice reform that led to the commutations of hundreds of Oklahoma inmates. “It is time that we do better,” Hicks said. “If we have the highest incarceration rate in the world, OK. We can look at our citizens and be honest with them and tell them that you’re safe. I can’t tell the people in my district today that they’re safe.” He also said that pleadings for Death penalty were also on the table.
Grady County Special Judge Regina Lowe or his office refused to comment on the case as yet. Also, it was to be kept in mind that cannibalism was not a crime in the State of Oklahoma, thus, no further charges were to be pressed for cooking the heart of his first victim, who was also his neighbour.
The accused, Lawrence Paul Anderson was reported to wipe his tear-laden eyes with his heavily bandaged hand as he was produced in Court, arraigned of murder charges, and murmured “Oh God, Oh God” as he was informed of the murder charges that were pressed against him.
While his bail was being denied by the Judge, he told the Judge, “I don’t want no bail, Your Honour, I don’t want no bail.”
It is to be seen if he was under the effect of drugs while he was on a killing spree on the 9th of February, 2021 when he had allegedly committed triple murders, maimed one individual (his aunt) and heavily wounded himself.
The daughter of Andrea Lynn Blankenship, commented on the murder saying, her mother was full of love and kindness, and she hoped that Anderson died as heinous a death as her mother had to endure.
WHAT IS YOUR OPINION REGARDING COMMUTATION OF STATEMENTS OF OFFENDERS BEING PUNISHED WITH LONG SENTENCES? IS IT SAFE FOR THE RESIDENTS OF THAT AREA IF OFFENDERS ROAM FREE WITHOUT HAVING BEEN REFORMED? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!