PATI-PATNI! POISON! PARDON!
MOTHER GOES FREE AFTER RAT POISING CHILDREN
• Accused of poisoning her children, Lata Lathiya set free by Gujarat High court.
• Children fed with Rat Poison laced milk.
• Husband filed FIR against Wife.
• Kids fortunately survived and Husband-Wife amicably settled
• FIR quashed by the Gujarat High Court.
NO OBJECTION YOUR HONOR!
HUSBAND WITHDRAWS OBJECTION TO QUASHING WIFE'S FIR
• Post amicable settlement Husband withdrew objection to quashing of FIR against Wife.
• Wife justified taking extreme step due to frustration and deprivation of monetary resources
• 18 Months of marital separation and discord led to act of poisoning
• Wife had alleged husband for not providing her basic amenities to survive
FREE FOR RAT POISONING CHILDREN?
PUBLIC PROSECUTOR HAS AN "OBJECTION MY LORD"
• Additional Public Prosecutor not in favour of setting the mother free
• Quotes: "It's an offence against the society at large”.
• Prosecutor wants woman to join an NGO for financial rehabilitation
• Court leaves rehabilitation process at the discretion of the woman.
THE FINAL VERDICT
ALL'S WELL THAT END'S WELL!
• Gujarat High Court cited mental condition of the accused behind actions
• Held marital discord responsible for her actions.
• Quashed the FIR against the wife after husband's “no objection”
• Took notice of the settlement between husband and wife.