On the 19th of November, Justice Surya Kant addressed the students of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar National Law University. He made a statement mentioning how lawyers are the building blocks of the society and not simply just professionals representing their clients.
- Recently, while addressing the students of Dr. B.R Ambedkar National Law University, Supreme Court Judge Justice Surya Kant stated that "Lawyers are not mere professionals whose sole purpose is to represent their client. Instead, their role is that of social engineers".
- He mentioned in his speech that doctors and lawyers play a very important role in the upliftment of society, law students should have this habit from the start, in order for them to turn into even better professionals.
- He also said that in our country, India, lawyers have been very important pillars of strength for social change even in the pre independence times.
- To quote Justice Surya Kant “It is imperative that legal institutions produce efficient lawyers who can be flag bearers of democratic development.”
- “Lawyers are not mere professionals whose sole purpose is to represent their client. Instead, their role is that of social engineers.” Do you agree with this statement made by Justice Surya Kant ?
- In your opinion, why do lawyers play such an important role in the upliftment of the society ?
Share your views in the comments section below.