DETAILS OF THE CASE
- Earlier this week, a case has been registered against Mumbai lawyer, advocate Vimal Jha for allegedly kidnapping and torturing his client after the client allegedly refused to pay him his legal fees.
- 45-year-old lawyer, Vimal Jha, allegedly kidnapped his client and tortured him at a farmhouse in Nashik after the latter refused to pay his Rs 3 crore fee.
- As per the FIR, Jha started demanding Rs. 3 crores from Gole a few days after Gole's release on bail. When Gole refused to pay up despite repeated threats and demands, Jha allegedly kidnapped Gole on April 2, 2021.
- The client was an owner of a shipping company who was involved in a cheating case, Vimal Jha got bail from the Supreme Court on the matter at hand.
- Gole's wife had approached Jha to represent Gole in the Ahmednagar Sessions Court, Maharashtra, to secure his release on bail.
- When Gole refused to pay, Jha allegedly forced him to transfer the money, Vimal forced and tortured him to transfer his property.
- Jha apparently stated that his fees was Rs. 70 lakh but later quoted Rs. 3 Crore.
- After the incident took place, according to the news agencies, the Kharghar police in Navi Mumbai have now arrested Vimal Jha.
What do you think about this such an act by a legal professional himself? Let us know in the comments section below!