Who Is Kulbhushan Yadav
• Kulbhushan Yadav is an Indian naval officer, who was caught by the Pakistani government for allegedly trying to spy.
• The case was brought before the International Court of Justice by India who had ruled for effective review and reconsideration to be taken by Pakistan.
What Does The Attorney General Say
• The Attorney General stated that India purposefully avoided attending the Court.
• If the case was not kept pending before the IHC then the Indian authorities would likely approach the ICJ for contempt.
Proceedings Before Court
• The Islamabad High Court resumed the hearing of the case.
• A law was passed by Pakistan in accordance with the decision of the ICJ for Yadav to gain statutory remedy.
• The Court was of the opinion that the case would be dismissed if the Indian government doesn’t respond.
• The Court responded to the ‘sovereign immunity surrendering’ by saying that the Indian government at least has to inform on how to proceed with the case and that they are not against the sovereign immunity of the country.
Do you think that our government is concerned about the citizens caught by Pakistan or was the act of approaching the ICJ and the huge uproar was just a farce? Tell us in the comments below!
Tags : Others