The reforms in the functioning of Government is a continuous ongoing process. Schemes like Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojana, e-Governance based services, Digital India, Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG, (DBT), Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, SwachhVidyalaya, Soil Health Card, Pradhan Mantri Fasal BimaYojna, Atal Pension Yojna etc. are some of the recent initiatives in this direction.
The Second Administrative Reforms Commission (2nd ARC) presented the following 15 Reports to the Government for consideration:
- Right to Information: Master Key to Good Governance.
- Unlocking human capital: Entitlements and Governance – a Case Study.
- Crisis Management: From Despair to Hope.
- Ethics in Governance.
- Public Order: Justice for each.
- Local Governance.
- Capacity Building for Conflict Resolution – Friction to Fusion.
- Combating Terrorism.
- Social Capital – A Shared Destiny.
- Refurbishing of Personnel Administration – Scaling New Heights.
- Promoting e-Governance – The Smart Way Forward.
- Citizen Centric Administration – The Heart of Governance.
- Organizational structure of Government of India.
- Strengthening Financial Management System.
- State and District Administration.
Barring the 8th Report on the subject of ‘Combatting Terrorism’ all other 14 reports were considered by the Government. In these 14 reports there were 1514 recommendations, out of which 1183 were accepted, 228 not accepted and 59 deferred and 21 referred to other foras. Decisions on the accepted recommendations had been conveyed to all concerned Central Ministries/Departments and States/Union territories’ Government for implementation. Reforms in the public administration by nature are a continuous process and cover a wide range of activities. It may be through simplification of procedures, issue of executive instruction, enactment of laws etc.
This was stated by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri Harivansh in the Rajya Sabha today.