WHAT WAS THE PLEA ABOUT
- Congress Leader and Rajya Sabha MP came up with a plea before the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
- The plea seeked direction from the Court for the implementation of the direction passed by the Supreme court in various cases of communal violence and mob lynching.
- The plea was filed through Advocate Ravindra Singh Chhabra and Mudit Maheshwari.
- There had been incidents of communal violence under the pretense of fund collection for the construction of the Ram Mandir at Ayodhya.
- The Petitioner also pleaded that collection of funds must be voluntary and threat and coercion must not be used.
- Another prayer made was to ensure guidelines to maintain public peace when religious processions are carried out.
- The responsibility of officers who are supposed to prevent violence should be fixed and they should be held accountable.
WHAT DID THE COURT SAY
- The Madhya Pradesh High Court issued a notice to the Madhya Pradesh government to be returned in 6 weeks.
- The Bench consisted of Chief Justice Mohammed Rafiq and Justice Sujoy Paul.
- The cases that were to be taken into consideration were Tehseen Poonawala V. Union of India; Arumugam Servai V. State of Tamil Nadu and Commissioner of Police V. Acharya Jagdishwarananda Avdhuta.
What do you think of the Court’s move? Let us know down below!
Tags : Others