- Courts need to address the issue of shortage of judges.
- Improvement should be made to the judge to population ratio
- Uninterrupted legal work should be ensured to deliver justice.
- Recently appointed SC judge Justice Abhay Oka was a speaker at an event organized by the Thane District Courts Bar Association.
- He shared his journey as an advocate.
- During his speech, he also shared his opinion on challenge of credibility faced by the judiciary
- He said that that the members of the legal profession should work towards restoring faith of the country's citizens in the judiciary
- He cited the example of the Karnataka High Court where the judges worked for 11 Saturdays during the pandemic to resolve the case backlog and suggested that other courts should take it up as well.
- What do you think about the shortage judges?
- Do you think delay in justice hampers the credibility of the judiciary?
Share your views in the comments section below.