- While addressing the Supreme Court Bar Association at the Constitution day event on Friday, the Chief Justice of India N V Ramana, said that most important feature of the Indian Constitution is that it provides a framework for debate.
- He also said that it is only through such debates that the country evolves and achieves higher levels of welfare for the society.
- While giving his speech, he mentioned how lawyers play a very important role in educating the rest of the citizens about their roles by spreading their knowledge of the constitution and laws.
- To quote CJI Ramana, “Perhaps, the most important feature of the Indian Constitution is the fact that it provides a framework for debate. It is through such debates and discussion that the nation ultimately progresses, evolves, and achieves higher levels of welfare for the society”.
- Do you agree with this statement made by CJI Ramana about the Constitution?
- Do you think that the nation will ultimately evolve only through such debates and discussions ?