What is the Issue
The Court had issued warning that the Central government will be held liable for contempt action if 490MT of oxygen was not delivered to Delhi.
- The Centre filed an application seeking a recall of the order.
What statements were given
- The Solicitor General gave the statement that “even if God forgives them, the Government will not forgive them for their deeds”.
- The Court stated that the persons involved in such black marketing will be held for contempt of Court.
- The Court issued notice seeking response from the Delhi Government on the petition by the Centre.
What directions were issued
- The Delhi Government was directed by the High Court to secure that the essential medical equipment like the COVID drugs, oxygen cylinders, etc. that are used for treating the COVID infected patients are not sold above the Maximum Retail Price.
- The Police was directed to get the persons hoarding the essentials before the Court.
- The Delhi Government and Police were given directions to publicize the helpline numbers to which the citizens can approach when a malpractice comes to their notice.
What do you think of the directions of the Court? Tell us in the section below!