What Has The Victim’s Father Pleaded
- The father has contended that if bail is granted, the victim and her family will be killed by Asaram Bapu.
- The father is represented by Advocate Utsav Bains who declares that Asaram Bapu is a habitual offender and is currently facing trial in numerous other cases.
- Calling him highly influential and politically connected, the plea makes him out to have millions of followers and that Asaram bapu had hired a killer to murder the eye witnesses who had confessed to the Police.
- The Applicant and his family members were threatened with dire consequences.
- The State of Uttar Pradesh had reduced their security.
- Hence the victim’s family was vulnerable to murderous attacks.
- The Uttar Pradesh Police is yet to interrogate or arrest Asaram Bapu.
- The State of Rajasthan has also opposed the bail plea on the grounds that had ulterior motives and was using his treatment as a guise to change his place of custody.
- An application of temporary suspension was made so that Asaram Bapu could get treatment.
- He was suffering from COVID-19 in Central Jail, Jodhpur where he had been sentenced to life imprisonment.
- He is currently facing trial in another case in Gujarat under Section 376 IPC and is in custody for the same.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know down below!
Tags : Others