- Actor Shah Rukh Khan’s son, Aryan Khan has been remanded to one day NCB custody.
- Aryan Khan has been arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau in connection with the discovery of prohibited substances on a cruise off the coast of Mumbai.
- On October 2, 2021, officials from NCB Mumbai raided the Cordelia Cruise on its way from Mumbai to Goa.
- The raids resulted in the arrest of eight people, including Khan.
- Khan’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde stated that he will present his bail application to the regular court tomorrow.
- Aryan Khan is booked under sections 8(c) read with 20(b),27 and 35 of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
- Two additional people, including the twenty-three-year-old, have been arrested. They were taken to the police station for a medical examination.
- Munmun Dhamecha and Arbaaz Merchant are the two people who have been detained.
- At the International Cruise Terminal in Mumbai, the accused were detained in connection with the recovery of 13 grams cocaine, 5 grams MD (mephedrone), 21 grams charas, 22 pills of MDMA (ecstasy), and Rs 1,33,000 in cash.
WHAT IS NCB
- NCB stands for the Narcotic Control Bureau.
- It is an Indian federal law enforcement and intelligence organisation that is part of the Indian government's Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Under the requirements of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, the agency is responsible for fighting drug trafficking and the use of illegal substances.
- Satya Narayan Pradhan is the current chairman of the Narcotic Control Bureau.
Do you think Khan will get the bail?
Is a stricter law for prevention of drug consumption a need of the hour?
What is your opinion on the whole situation? Let us know in the comments below!