- A writ petition was filed by one Prafull Kumar before the Allahabad High Court against the Commissioner, Allahabad Division.
- The petition sought directions from the Court to direct the Commissioner to decide an appeal within a specific period as decided by the Court.
OBSERVATIONS OF THE COURT
- The bench of Justice Vivek Kumar Birla observed that on the one hand, advocates charge their professional fees and abstain from work and on the other side, they are seeking from the Court to decide the case within a specific period.
- The Court studied an order from 2014 and noted that lawyers were abstaining from work except on very few days and this situation has been continuing.
- The Court refused to grant relief for the prayer mentioned in the writ petition and called it a waste of time of the Court and resources of litigants and the taxpayers.
- It stated that if such orders are passed, the Court or the authorities will be under the threat of contempt if the case does not get decided.
Tell us what do you think about this case?