WHO IS APARNA PUROHIT?
- Aparna Purohit is the Head of Originals at Amazon Prime Video, India. She has been developing all Indian Originals on Amazon Prime Video which includes Inside Edge, Breathe, Comicstaan, Four More Shots Please, Mirzapur and Made In Heaven.
- Hailing from Mumbai, Maharashtra, Aparna is also known to be the ‘prodigy’ behind the major success of Indian Originals on a global platform like Amazon Prime.
- On Thursday, 4th of February, Allahabad High Court under the bench of Justice Siddharth, after hearing the arguments from both the sides granted protection to Aparna Purohit of no coercive action against her till pronouncement of order.
- The application for Anticipatory Bail was filed on behalf of Aparna Purohit with connection to an FIR registered against her and others in Gautam Budh Nagar, UP.
- A criminal case was lodged against Purohit and the directors of the show under the ambit of the FIR, as stated above.
- It was stated that the state of UP has been shown in very disreputable manner while also suggesting an asperse to the Hindu Gods and Goddesses.
- It was also alleged that there were a number of derogatory remarks on the Prime Minister being the organizer of communal riots along with other false representations.
WAS IT AN ATTEMPT TO SHOWCASE “THEIR REALITY’?
- It is vivid that the directors never had a direct aim to deceive the societal peace or to alter any individual’s opinion towards the political platform of this country but it is evident that the directors went way above what was asked for, in the shadow of creating “original content” something more of an “offensive content” was created.
- Many even believe that there is a lot of ruckus created by certain sections of the society over a trivial issue and that it is advisable to censor some ‘uneven content’ while continuing airing the show.
- While on the other hand some have a faith on the content being ‘too original’ for the general public to be handled upon and that such shows have the potential to harm the mental understanding of our future leaders.
DO YOU THINK THAT THE SHOW SHOULD BE RESTRICTED? OR THE SHOW SHOULD CONTINUE AIRING WITH CERTAIN CENSORED CONTENT? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!