SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
Dated: 27th July, 2020
It is notified for the information of all concerned that Hon’ble the Chief Justice of India has been pleased to direct that henceforth Advocateon-Record and Party-in-Person shall file soft copy of the petition as well as the accompanying documents, filed in physical form at the filing counter of the Registry. The Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the same is elaborated hereinbelow:-
1. Filing of the petition and the accompanying documents, in physical form, and the notification of defects shall be as per the existing procedure which is as under:-
(a) Advocate-on-Record and Party-in-Person to file fresh petition along with accompanying documents at the filing counter;
(b) Scrutiny of the petition by the Registry;
(c) Defects notification online as pointed out by the Registry in the petition.
2. At the time of refiling, after curing all the defects, AOR/ Party-inperson, in addition to the Hard Copy to be filed at the filing
counter, will be required to file soft copy of the petition and the accompanying documents.
3. The soft copy is required to be uploaded by the AOR and Partyin-person on email id specifically created for the purpose i.e.
email@example.com. An undertaking of compliance of this requirement be enclosed with refiled hard copy.
4. The subject of email shall clearly state “Soft copy of petition and the accompanying documents in Diary No……..” and the text
of email shall contain verification in specific terms as under:-
"“The soft copy of petition- and the accompanying documents in ……….pages are true and complete copy of the petition and the
document filed in physical form."
(Name of AOR)
5. Filing of eCopy, as aforesaid, shall be a mandatory requirement for listing of the matter before the Hon’ble Courts.
6. Additional Registrar (I-B) Incharge shall acknowledge receipt of the soft copy of the petition and the accompanying documents by return email.
The above directions shall come into force with immediate effect.
(Anil Laxman Pansare) (Surya Pratap Singh)
Registrar (J-II) Registrar (J-I)
1. The Secretary, Supreme Court Bar Association with five spare copies of the Circular with a request that this may be displayed on the Notice Board of the Bar Association for the information of the Members of the Bar.
2. The Secretary, Supreme Court Advocates-on-Record Association with five spare copies of the Circular with a request that this may be displayed on the Notice Board of the Association for the information of the Members of the Association.
3. The Branch Officer (CC) with a request to upload this Circular on Supreme Court Website.
4. Filing and Re-filing Counters.
5. All concerned.