What Has The SCBA Proposed
- The Supreme Court Bar Association has sent a proposal to the Chief Justice of India for considering Supreme Court lawyers for elevation as High Court judges.
- A statement made by the SCBA showed the CJI’s agreement to the proposal to elevate SC lawyers as High court judges.
- The SCBA has also said that the CJI has requested the High court Chief Justices to consider SC lawyers for elevation.
- It also created a Search Committee to identify deserving and meritorious SC lawyers.
What Has The DHCBA Said
- The Delhi High Court Bar Association has opposed the proposal and written a letter to the CJI.
- The DHCBA claims that the proposal is unfair, arbitrary and discriminatory as it creates a separate class of lawyers and causes resentment among a large section of lawyers and demoralises them.
- The DHCBA has also stated that the claims made by the SCBA are false and misleading and undermines the calibre of High Court lawyers.
- It has requested the CJI to repeal any direction given on the issue, if any.
- It has disapproved of the Search Committee established and iterated that the task of elevating lawyers is that of the Collegium.
What do you think about this issue? Share your thoughts with us down in the comments!
Tags : Others