LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saurabh   29 January 2023

Wrong entry by sub registrar office in gift deed regarding total area.

Respected Ld. Advocate Sir/Madam,

We had made a Gift Deed of property of my grand father in favor of my mother, and two aunties (wives of uncles) by my father and their two brothers in terms of flat of ground floor, first floor and second floor each respectively.

The online record of  total area of flat is by mistake typed wrong by Sub Registrar office in my mothers registry on the page which is always made by Sub Registrar office but the total area in rest all pages which is made by us through our Advocate is correct. Due to mistake by Sub Registrar office in typing in Registry, they also upload same wrong information online on government property search website of sub registrar office..

Rest of other registries (Gift Deeds) of my uncles are correct.


Please tell how to correct this total area of flat one page only and also online on sub registrar website.

1.   whether, all the new registry will made or old registry will be corrected after signing and stamped of sub registrar as this mistake is done by Sub Registrar office only on the page which is made by themselves. Rest all pages are correct.   

2. Whether all the uncles have to go registrar office again for signing. 


 3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 January 2023

Get the rectification deed executed and registered by the donor and donee ie., your grandfather and mother.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 January 2023

If it is really wrongly typed by the staff of SRO, you have to submit an application to the District/Joint Registrar of the District to edit the index and rescan the document.  Otherwise, get the document rectified as advised by the senior learned expert Dr.JC Vashista Sir.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 January 2023

In case either party finds an error in the gift deed, they must appear in person at the sub-registrar's office, where the deed was previously registered. With all supporting documentation, they will have to submit an application to the official seeking corrections in the document

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query