Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498a victim (Manager)     09 March 2016

Written arguments in 498a case

dear Experts,

I am facing 498a trial. I would like to present written arguments as the stage for the same is likely to come shortly as presently cross is about to complete. Pl. guide me if it is the discretion of the court to accept written arguments from the accused  or not. Can accused prefer written arguments as a matter of right and can submit written arguments in a routine manner at the time of argument stage or accused has to seek prior permission of court before submission of written arguments.

Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : 498a victim
dear Experts,

I am facing 498a trial. I would like to present written arguments as the stage for the same is likely to come shortly as presently cross is about to complete. Pl. guide me if it is the discretion of the court to accept written arguments from the accused  or not. Can accused prefer written arguments as a matter of right and can submit written arguments in a routine manner at the time of argument stage or accused has to seek prior permission of court before submission of written arguments.

Thanks.

File written arugments, thast the safest way to move ahead in any cases.  Court has to take it, if judge tell no need of written, then ask him to give that in writing that there is no need for filing written arguments.  Entire system is botched up, be very careful.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     09 March 2016

Even 90% of the advocates are submitting written arguments ,hence U can do so.

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     10 March 2016

Yes there is a provision in the law for filing of written arguments as enumerated in section 314 of the crpc

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register