LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nilesh (Advocate & Student CS)     31 May 2010

Workmen Compensation Act (Urgent)

Dear All,

Can any one provide me the detailed procedure to make an application under workmen compensation Act to compensate legal heirs of Deseased person. Where do I need to make application and within what time. If I dont make application within stipulated time then what would be the consequences.


I also need a list of Offices of Labour commissioner where I can make application. What i Can say is Incident happened at a Village in Raigad District (Maharashtra).

Thanks in Advance


 3 Replies

Mohammad Haider (HEAD- LEGAL AND REGULATORY)     31 May 2010

Dear Nilesh,

Please go through Section 22 of the WC Act, It details and describes the requirements / details to be taken care of/ included in an Application for compensation under WC Act

Vijayarajan (Executive Director)     02 June 2010

the applicationis to be filed by the dependents and not by the legal heirs. They have to establish that the applicants are the dependents of the workman.

Nilesh (Advocate & Student CS)     05 June 2010

Dear All

thanks for reply,

I want to know whether the OWrkmen's Compensation (Amendment ) Act 2009 has come in to force if yes then when.

How should the amopunt of compensation be calculated whether it is still on ceiling limit i.e. 4000 or as per amendment.

Pls let me know


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register