New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya   12 September 2017

Woman harassment at work place and salary issue

Dear Sir /Mam I want to know some suggestion regarding my issue like that I am Priya and working with A Group of Companies since January 2016 and till date as Account Executive cum office Coordinator , and I am suffering from a Mentally torture and Harassment By our Boss , one more thing which i would kike to tell you clearly is that there is no rule and regulation in our office no EL, PL, only a get one Leave i a month he made a unconditional deduction in my salary he hold the salary of months there is no hr In our office there is a V.p he could not do anything beacuse he is also same as our boss even we have to take a permission for everything directly to our boss even for a half day and he took the use this power and make pressure on me to go with his some places and accept his all word he tried to touch wrong place i had warn him so many time but because of he have my salary of 4 months , and from a middle class family i have to calm i am very worry to whom i share all this and what i have to do so that I can clear my all salary and make him punish for his shameful things


 2 Replies

SHREY DAMBHARE   12 September 2017

You have so many options to get your salary as well to teach him lesson. Just, confirm us whether it is registered company under Companies Act? I know out of confidentiality you cannot reveal name of your company. However, you can check whether it is registred company by searching name of your company at (Ministry of Corporate Affairs). I am advising this so to explore all the remedies available to you.  

darshana sawant (associate consultant)     26 September 2017

Dear Priya,


You are suffering unnecessarily.  You may not be aware that there is a new Act called Prevention of Sexual Harassment of women at workplace passed in 2013, wherein any sort of s*xual harassement is punishable crime.  Therefore, if your company is engaging more than 20 employees, the Act is applicable and they should form Complaints Committee to address these issues.  If the strength is less than 20, you can complain about this to the District Officer who will take the cognizance and initiate enquiry.  You need to give your complaint in writing in 6 copies giving all the details of all incidences, names  and addresses of the witnesses and any other CCTV footage or other available evidence to prove your case.  The committee has to submit its report within 60 days.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register