LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rekha Anitha   17 November 2021

withdrawal of mutual divorce

I and my husband have applied for mutual divorce. I have taken the alimony. but now my mind has changed and I want to go back to my husband. is there a chance to withdraw mutual divorce? please help me out...


 5 Replies

Shashi Dhara   17 November 2021

Yes both can withdraw the mutual consent petition .

Archana Pandey   02 February 2022

Dear Rekha, 

One can withdraw the mutual divorce till then cooling period given by the Court of the six months. Withdrawal can be done by the filing of the application in the Court of the law. 

PALLABH HALDAR   03 February 2022

It is in which stage initial or Final


Advocate Pallabh Haldar

Archana Pandey   03 February 2022

Dear Rekha,

Also, the petition for divorce can be withdrawn by an application at any point of time before decree is passed. It doesn't need to be done within the 6 month cooling period. 

Shashi Dhara   03 February 2022

Don't attend the court ,they dismiss the petition for non appearance of parties ,easy method.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query