LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen Kumar (Not working)     12 July 2012

Withdrawal of consent after taking full alimony on 2nd motio

On my date of 2nd motion, the judge got the 2nd motion signed and i gave the cheque for full and final money. The judge ordered it to be kept for order on 24 July and asked the other party to inform them on that day if cheque is realised or not and also told that if they want they can withdraw the consent. Now the cheque has been realised and now they have complete money in their account. Now can they withdraw their consent?

Learning

9 Replies

rahul kumar (associate)     12 July 2012

Hello,

yes she can withdraw the consent.the law says either party can withdraw the consent within 18 months after filling the first motion.

but yes if she withdraw the consent  the court will initiate an enquiry. And if the concerned party continues to refuse consent to the divorce petition, the court will no longer have the right to grant a divorce decree

Praveen Kumar (Not working)     12 July 2012

but she has taken full money on 2nd motion

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     12 July 2012

@ Author,

I disagree to reply given by Rahul.

The case is of second motion in MCD proceedings + recording of second motion statement of parties + fulfillment of conditions by other party to MCD by placing (handing over) as material records a final amount cheque to other party + court recording the handing over of cheque with direction to other party (wife) to inform court if really the cheque got passed by bank and reserving its final Judgment in MCD proceedings for 24th. July.

Here Court is doing an enquiry to its satisfaction at SECOND MOTION stage. It all depends upon the cheque clearance now. If it passes through means gets credited then all the husband has to do is to pay scheduled fees to his bankers and take signed / stamped Statement of A/c from which the cheque was issued and place it on record on 24th. July as it cleared and as per terms of MoU parties have fulfilled their mutually jointly agreed terms and conditions My Lord.

Once he does that his wife cannot be allowed to RESILE and answer given without application of mind by Rahul stands ignored.  Rahul is talking about 6-18 months cooling period which is nobody’s case here.

In simple wordings if cheque amount gets cleared on 24th. July then the decree in mutual consent divorce will have to be passed irrespective whatever your wife says now.

Go to your bank and take the statement as advised above and show to concerned Court. You should not worry for anything now. If any problem the case becomes that of S. 2, 10 and 12 of Contempt of Court Act, 1971.

Ranee....... (NA)     12 July 2012

Can she return the amount and withdraw consent?

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     12 July 2012

agreed with tajobsindia.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     12 July 2012

Originally posted by : Ranee.......

Can she return the amount and withdraw consent?

NO, as tajob has told, the oportunity is lost for her.

At the time of 2nd motion, she was given chance to revert, that was the last chance

@ queriest!
She has encashed the chq, she never uttered a word of reversal on 2nd motion. So do not worry, she wont revert, have u any air of doing so?

ravindra (Analyst)     12 July 2012

agreed with experts

i agree wid tajobsindia. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register