Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vrushali (Homemaker)     01 December 2014

Will rectification deed solve this issue?

We purchased a resale property from a couple in 2011 in Borivali West. It was a redevelopment project where an old society was already in existence. The name of old society is ABC Co-op hsg Soc Ltd. But we were unaware of this while buying property. During redevelopment, the builder builded building with name XYZ. And our agreement with existing flat owner in this building is in the same name of XYZ. 

The original agreement between builder and flat owner includes this old society name, but this detail was not added in the agreement between us and flat owner. So we have the agreement  with XYZ, but missing the existing society name ABC in our agreement. 

Our resale agreement is already registered and required stamp duty is duly paid in 2011 itself. My question is whether now we can add this missing detail through rectification deed (all parties are willing to co-operate), and if so, what will be the charges. We just want to add the missing details as our share certificate is going to be in society's name (ABC)

Another point is, our resale agreement was between the flat owner who jointly held it with his wife and from our side it was my father-in-law and mother-in-law. Now, unfortunately my father-in law have expired. So, how will that get taken care of?

Can someone please guide with exact procedure and all the steps needed to add this details? How this matter should be handled?

Any assistance you provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     01 December 2014

A "Rectification Dee" may be executed by the vendors for the missing details. the charges are nominal.

in the rectification deed,  it  shall  clearly mention the original deed was registered with two persons, and now doing this deed with one person as the other is no more.  this is for information. 

Hardeep Singh (manager)     18 December 2014

Please assist after death of my father i transferred property on my name stating i dont have any siblings as they are in abroad, is it possible with SPA from my siblings can i rectify it with deed of rectification and what is the the procedure and cost

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register