Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirankar Sharma (Group B Surveyor)     15 June 2018

Will/poa

Dear Sir

My mother has issued separately a registered WILL & General Power of Attorney in my name to deal in toto with the movable and immovable assets in her name.

What is the most convenient course of action to get transfered / registered the Titles of all her assets in my name ?

Thanking.

Learning

5 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     15 June 2018

Whether your mother is alive?

Apart from you, whether your mother has any other son(s)/daughter(s)?

According to the WILL,  what has to be done to the Immovable property?

According to the WILL,  what has to be done to the movable property?

Nirankar Sharma (Group B Surveyor)     16 June 2018

Yes mother is Alive & I have one younger brother only. Currently I intend to Transfer/Register a House (Constructed on Free Hold PLOT of local development authority ) in my name through the Regd GPA already issued by her in my Name. Please do guide me on the subject.

Yes mother is Alive & I have one younger brother only. Currently I intend to Transfer/Register a House (Constructed on Free Hold PLOT of local development authority ) in my name through the Regd GPA already issued by her in my Name. Please do guide me on the subject.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     16 June 2018

The WILL given by your mother will take effect only after the death of your mother.  It has no effect when your mother is alive.

It is not clear as to what is written in the Power of Attorney.  Only after completely going through the contents of the Power of Attorney one will be able to say anything.

In any case, if the Power of Attorney gives power to change the property from the name of your mother to your name, then to change the name, you have to prepare necessary transfer deed by consulting a lawyer, and you also have to pay STAMP DUTY (which is payable on the value of the property) and registered with the Sub-Registrar's office.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register