IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Advocate dishi (AM LEGAL)     08 October 2016

Will issue

There r 2 person A is the owner of 2 properties and B is the owner of 2 properties. But B died without any will so A and their children become the legal hier of B's properties Now A want to write a WILL in which he will distribute his self earned properties between his childrens... whereas the properties of B is still on the name of B so can A write in his will to give his share to any of his child or not???after death of A???


 4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 October 2016

It is believed that B,A are Hindu. Confirm!

You could have mentioned the full details including their ; relation.


He may make a mention of his share in property of B.





Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     09 October 2016

Gender and religion will play vital role in fixing share of a person in succeeding a property. So redraft accordingly.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     09 October 2016

A distributes his self acquired properties  equally among his children is ok. As far as property of B  is concerned  they stand  in B's name still. ASSUMING THAT B HAS NO LEGAL HEIR OF HIS OWN A SHOULD GET B's NAME MUTATED TO  HIS NAME FROM REVENUE AUTHORITIES AND THEN DISTRIBUTE EITHER AMONG HIS CHILDREN OR Deal WITH THOSE PROPERTIES IN WHATEVER MANNER HE LIKES.If  you ppreciate  this answer please click the thank you button on this forum.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 October 2016

It is interesting query.

Pls reply to the ponts raised.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query