will case get quashed

i was involved in road accident with my bike ,old lady aged about 76 came suddenly in the early morning hours around 5 a.m .i tried to control but could not stop the bike completely.she died in a hospital after 20 days of the accident.we have reached a compromise with the other party.since the fir was registered against me ,it has to go to court ,section was 337 ,later they said it will be 307.will i get clearance from the court.


Dear friend,

Everything depend  on the contents of the FIR. First why was the case registered u/s 337 and  changed to 307? Can U mention the evidences the police have?


they have booked 337 in the fir,later they told that since the victim has died in the hospital  it will be upgraded to 304a and not 307.


A charge under section 304A IPC is not compromisable. Even the complainant comes in court and says that he want no relief the case will be carried on. The only way is to face the trial.

Even HC will not quash such a case even HC and SC are strict on punishments as the offense is not against a private person only. It is an offence against the State.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Join the MasterClass     |    x