Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepak   24 May 2017

Will banks recover my credit card dues from my family ?

Dear All,

I have two credit cards and total outstanding is 160,000 Rs, I have not made even minimam payment from last 2 months due to some financial issues. Now i am in dubai. I have plan to make the payment but after 6 months.

Do banks have any legal right to recover or harass the due amount from my family who are now in india ?

Any answer will be very much appricated.

Thanks

Deepak,

Learning

11 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 May 2017

You can clear  the loan in time. so that you may get another chance to get credit loans. Otherwise you may be block listed by the banks. 

deepak   24 May 2017

Hi Rama chary,

Actually i have some financial issue so i can't pay the due amount (but i can after 6 to 8 months). As now i am in dubai, will banks will try to recover the amount from my family. As they have not given any guarantee while appling for the credit card.

Thanks,

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 May 2017

If you have borowed you should pay.

The publications suggest that the recovery agents go to any extent.

Although they are not permitted to harass, abuse.

Ask all of your family members to record all calls and during the call ask the caller to speak:

The phone number from which call is made

How did he/she acquire the number of your family member

his/her full name (first+middle+last), name of agency that has employed it, employee code number, I.card Number, full address with pin code,phone numberand fax number with STD code, email id, mobile number

His/her Manager’s MD/CEO/Owner’s name full address with pin code,phone numberand fax number with STD code, email id,mobile number

Full name (first+middle+last), name of agency that has employed it, employee code number, I.card Number, full address with pin code,phone numberand fax number with STD code, email id, mobile number of Manager of CC compnay that is incharge of agency

and to send letter with all suporting documents thru Redg. Post from Post office addressed to Card Member only and stop calling them or visiting them…………..

If they visit record audio/visual and ask to show their I.Card with photo (copy it) and letter of CC company that was sent to CC holder along with its POD.Ask them not to visit again.

If they misbehave or harass or do not comply with instructions lodge complaint with police, MD/CEO of CC Company, IBA,BCSBI,RBI

Smt. Uma Subramaniam

Chief General Manager -in-Charge

Department of Non-Banking Supervision

Central Office Centre I, World Trade Centre, Cuffe Parade Mumbai-400 005.

Phone: 022-22153350 Email id: cgmicdnbsco@rbi.org.in

Governor Reserve Bank of India Central Office Building 18th Floor, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road Mumbai-400 001.

022-22660868

governor@rbi.org.in

The best is to pay ASAP.

CC company shall report the default and it shall affect your credit worthiness and posted in credit bureau's like CIBIL....................and it shall not be called back until or unless yoiu fetch order from court of law e.g; DCDRF...............and it might be possible if you can prove the faults of CC company.

(Guest)

ask your parents and family to disown you.  publish your photo and name in front page of deccan herald.  next day same ad will appear in all newspapers 

heading

ABSCONDING.

These bankwalas got goons, they take motehr daughter, sister and rape them continuisluy for months and then return them if you dont repay loan.  These days there are gays, women get spared might be so, they will rape you only if u dont pay money..

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 May 2017

Whether to pay or not to pay is your problem. I confine myself to answer your query.  No the amount cannot be legally recovered from any person other than you. Your relatives may get threats and notices. Ask them to ignore them and not to pay any amount without consulting you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register