LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhav wyawahare (chief engineer)     30 April 2012

Will

we want to make a will that will become effective after our deaths.

Learning

7 Replies

Pragati (law student)     01 May 2012

there is no particular format of a will.....a will can be written on a plain ppr.....(no stamp duty needed) all u have to do is just specify the details of your self owned property and the name of the person whom you want it to be get transfrd......!!

even ragistration of a will is not medatory...and for your kind information a person can change his will any no of times....the one which he wrote lastly will pevail...!!

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     01 May 2012

Rightly advised by Pragati

1 Like

Ankit (owner)     04 May 2012

after the death  ,  how the  property  becomes to whom it has been written,  if the other party  whose name is not mentioned in will  ..can he challange the will saying  the handwriting  is not of deceased person ..then.....

Pragati (law student)     04 May 2012

Ankit....a Person can dispose off his self owned property anywhere....and no one can claim against it.....!! 

rajamurugan (n/a)     04 May 2012

What if the property is derived by way of a settlement deed ?... For example, my grandfather settled all his property to his 2 sons. Both the sons are now selling the property and taking their share, but my father is now refusing to give any share in the proceeds of sale.

Can i prevent that, by saying that the property was not his " self earned" property ? and it was my grand fathers property ?

rajamurugan (n/a)     04 May 2012

small correction -  my father is refusing to give any share in the proceeds of the sale to ME.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register