LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramakant (hod)     06 May 2014

Will

I am ramakant aged 75 years. I have one son and two daughters. I want to give all my property, both movable and immovable to my only son. So can i do this with a will and should i get the will registered to avoid any dispute between my children in future.   

Learning

4 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     06 May 2014

Any one with Sound mind without anyone force can make WILL and can give anything to anyone and in your local jurisdiction sub-registrar office you can make register the WILL in a sealed cover

but WILL can be challenged in the court by your daughters for their share of property

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     06 May 2014

if you want to give your property in your life time then give it to your son by making registered gift deed , or if you want to give it after your demise then make your will in favour of your son that you want to give all your property movable and immoval belongs to you to your son , also mention that you don't want to give any thing/share to your daughter also mention the reason , give full detail of your property and put your signature on it and also get it sign. by atleast two witness( better if they were outside family member) and get it registered in the sub-registrar office of your area , take help of a lawyer to draft and for all legal proceedings.

Thanks for your advice. But i would like to mention that most of my property is my self acquired, i have not inherited it from my forefathers. So can my daughters also challenge the will in respect of my self acquired property.

Can someone please advice me on this point

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register