LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aflatoon dash (health)     15 September 2011

Who pays the electricty bill-land lord or tenant

I had a property which after 12 years was vaccated by the Tenant who forcibly occupied the property.I took posession of it in 2008.The tenant had occupied it for last 12 years.Suddenly i was served notice of the electricty bill amounting to rs 15000 which was of period 2005-2006.I want to know or get any court order in a case where bill of consmable item like electricty is to be paid by the consumer who utilized the facilty and not the land lord.PL help me with the citation and court order and clarify who is required to pay the pending electricty bill me or my previous tenant who left with unpaid bill.Thanks in anticipation.

Learning

3 Replies

AAK (Advocate)     15 September 2011

Being landlord it is your premises and you are the owner, so you are liable to pay the bill irrespective of its usage by you personally. ( I presume bill stands in your name & electric meter was also registered in your name)

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     15 September 2011

and now it is time barred.

aflatoon dash (health)     15 September 2011

Dear Ajit and JSDN,

1-Bill is in name of the tenant though adress is of my house.Since the dispute was there we had asked for the removal of the electricty connection from ourhouse which was restored by tenant from the municipality .( we never stayed in the house even now we are staying at different city. Though the house is in my name.

2-Notice was served around 2010 .We had met the authorities and explained them the case.They were understanding .I am a responsible centre gov servant.

3- I have no intention to shirk my responsibility but I have never stayed in the house.

4-JSDN JI WHAT IS MEANT BY TIME BARRED.

5-PL explain.

thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register