LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nanda Kishore (Nanda)     28 August 2014

Who cleared fixed deposit

Respected Sirs,

How one can get a clear idea regarding the cleared deposits. There was a fixed deposit under the name of my grandfather and it was cleared by someone(one among the 3 sons). We are not sure who cleared that. How can we knew who cleared those deposits...?


 2 Replies


Dear sir, 

Do you have a copy/ full details of deposit receipt?If so find out whether any nomination had been registered.If such is the case the bank concerned would have paid the amount to the nominee on his claim as per extant procedure

Even if such payment was done, still the nominee is liable to the legal heirs and is required to act as a guardian in this matter and all lawful legal heirs are entitled to get their eligible share in it.

on the other hand,if there was no nomination,the bank is required to settle the amount by way of death claim to the legal heirs only.

You may approach the bank branch and get the full details as how the deposit receipt got discharged and then act accordingly. Should you find any problem/delay in getting the details,you may seek it under RTI Act.



Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     28 August 2014

Please file RTI . in One month you wil get the answer. Also, the FD by your Grandfather, it must have been mentioned by him. if he is alive ask him? since you haven't mentioned about that. if not, in the will it must have been mentioned. because only on nomination, without Letter of administraiton or a probate the bank would not have given the Matured FD to someone.

Make sure first. Find the facts

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query