Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh   20 August 2016

Whether to mention the case details in passport application , for jobs either govt or private ?

Hi, A case has been filed against our entire family by our sister in law like 498a, Maintainence..etc.., a trail ,discussions were done over a period of 3 years, and the settlement was done by giving amount to them(as my brother married another girl ,so the first sister in law did not aggreed to come) the court , the judgement for the cases are given like we have not harrased her by mutual understanding a divorce is given..So the question here is if i apply for passport or govt job or private job a question will be there like are you prosecuted ? so if i give the true statement like case has been filed and disposed , is it good to say true or not ? please advise


 4 Replies

Wilson Mathew   20 August 2016

Your criminal case can be compounded in the event of a Divorce. In the pendancy of a criminal case where the offence is punishable with imprisonment, you have to give details of the case. I suggest you hire a good lawyer in your city and try to dispose off the criminal case at the earliest. You may also invoke section 482 of the Criminal Procedure Code and make appropriate application before the High Court.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 August 2016

you have to state truth.

Ramesh   21 August 2016

@Wilson Mathew,

          The case is disposed as i mentioned in the query around 1 1/2 year back, since then we have no dates or trails from court.




Ramesh   21 August 2016

@ Sudhir kumar,

      I am ready to share the truth like a case has been filed by our sister in law against our family and the case is disposed(closed), so in such case what the police enquiry officer (from passport dept) will ask us ?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query