Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Viju   19 July 2018

Whether higher qualification is disqualification or not

Sir,

I am working in an autonomous body under the Ministry of Shipping (Government of India).   As per the recruitment rules of Programmer post, the essential qualification is Degree + PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application).  I have Degree + MCA (Masters in Computer Application).

PGDCA is a diploma in Computer Application and MCA  is a Post Graduate Degree in Computer Application and  hence  it can consider as a higher qualification in the same stream.  PGDCA normally comes as 1 year course while MCA took 3 year. 

So I would like to know whether there any possibility for considered for promotion to the post of Programmer by considering the higher qualification of MCA other than the essential qualification mentioned in the RR.  I would also like to know whether there any court orders/judgements which supports "Higher qualification" and get considered for the promotion.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     19 July 2018

Check with the department  there is no hard and fast rule

1 Like

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     19 July 2018

You have to indicate the terms of the Recruitment Rule.

Whether the promotion is by seniority cum fitness; or simple seniority or by way of Selection, WHAT?

Unless you indicate this vital information, no useful reply can be provided to your query.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     20 July 2018

There is no rule that person with higher qualification will get promotion. Because promotion depends upon the appraisal system of your organization. I believe in Government they do conduct departmental exam from time to time. Please consult your Personnel Department Manager and check the perfomance appraisal and promotional system.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register