Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 June 2010

What is national Agricultural Insurance Scheme?

What is National Agricultural Insurance Scheme? How does it benefit the Farmers during natural calamities etc? And what are the authorities under the Scheme from whom such scheme can be claim by the farmers?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     01 June 2010

please find following information from link https://www.agriculture-industry-india.com/agro-programme-schemes/credit3.html

National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS) 

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 June 2010

Thank you very much for your kind responds. What really amazed me as per your last implementation status: is that the scheme which I am told started way back from 1999-2000 and by 2004 a total of credit to farmers amounts to US$ 24.2 billion and by now it might have increased by ten fold or more and a State Like Nagaland and Manipur have been left out as if there is no Natural calamities in these two States. Look at what is happening with the Telengana Lawyers fighting in the National Human rights Commission New delhi, over this fund allocation to their District. Its really unfortunate that In India some States have been deprived of such benovelent schemes to the farmers, and this is despite the facts that even Nagaland had declared a few years back as Year of the Farmers.

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     01 June 2010

i do agree with that

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register