LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swarangi (ABC)     09 January 2014

What is consent paper in divorse

I an my husband had appeared before counsellor and husband said that he wants divorse. I had filed for child maintenance. What will be the next step. What is filing consent paper. Does this paper take care of the maintenance as well? I am asking this because after getting divorce (which he wants) he may not appear for hearing of maintenance. What will be the process/sequence in court.


 2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     09 January 2014

Court can fix maintenance in divorce proceedings. Even after divorce you have right to claim maintenance.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     10 January 2014

The information you supplied in your query is very economical to give sound advice.  You have not clarified in which case, i.e., maintenance case or divorce case, the mediation is initiated.  Any how, interpreting that consent paper you are mentioning, as mutual consent divorce, if you are also not interested to continue this marriage relationship, then both can move mutual consent divorce petition.  In this petition, you should clearly say that how much amount per month your child shold get as maintenance till he (if the child is a boy) attains 18 yers age or till she (in case of girl child) gets married.  If he accepts for such condition then only accept for mutual consent.  Otherwise not. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query