Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

What does DE stands for in Court Orders?

Sir

I want to know what does DE stands for in civil court daily Order sheet wordings wise?

It says Put up for DE

Or

Sometimes it says Matter is for DE come up on xx/xx/xxxx date"?

Rgds

Learning

5 Replies

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     30 May 2010

defendent's evidence

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     30 May 2010

This is a good post since in all civil and criminal courts have lot of short cut terminalogy--PNP, DNP, NBW, NS, ETC.,,,, IF ANY ONE HAVE TOTAL SHORT CUT TERMINOLOGY  LIST, PLS POST.......

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     30 May 2010

dear Arun Ji,

It may stand  for "Defence Evidence" . However, for exact clarification stage of the case i.e. preceding substantive proceeding is to be seen.

(Guest)

Sh. Tripathi ji, 

Abuse of court as well as court process this que. is related to. Your kindself have number of times talked here on morality and ethics in Judiciary etc etc but if u hv time read some of my own case synopsis I mention on and off here, where u will notice hw actually the trial courts abuse the court process and create backlogs of cases, now comig back to all that big words u kindly wrote above (on finding stage of prceedings etc.), here is a funny illustration which made me ask something which I myself knew the answer of but wanted to double check my last mile doubts from experts;

Live Illustration:- Certian Cost was imposed on Respondent (mother) in a Guardianship proceedings. She never tendered it. So Petitioner filed Memo to Court to bind her to tender the same (it was an opportnity given by me to her to atleast file an application for waving it, if she so feels) by next date of hearing.

Court meanwhile directed Respondent to file RE as well as Witness List if any. I objected stating that Cost is not paid how can Court direct her to file RE / Witness List ?.  Meanwhile, Respondent neither paid cost nor even filed RE / Witness List within 15 days as directed by Court.

Petitioner filed a Second Memo to Court to close RE as well as Witness List due to non tendering Cost as well as non filing of RE and Witness List.  Same was ordered which happened in Feb. 2010.

Now here is the abuse part by Court - i.e during due course of court business which were subsequently happening all these months suddenly Respondent clearly abused the Court process in connivance with ADJ and put in an Application for Witness which was to submit our minor daughter (9 years Old) as Witness for her Examination. I objected citing "reasoning age" and since it is a Guardianship proceeedings how can a child be called to Court to be herself Examined by Court (as well as by me who is Petitioner and later by Respondent as Cross Examiner) be witness to her own case? I cited a SC citation too on reasoning age and Examination of Child below certain age are not considered reliable and since this is not a Criminal case where secondary testimony that also of a tender age Child is required it is just a case of welfare of child so on so forth I made submissions before the trial Court.

And I also pointed to ADJ to see his own previous Order of Feb. 2010 wherein RE as well as Witness List are closed due to non paymnet of Cost and non submission of RE and Witness Lsit clearly mentioned in that Order. So how can Court even entertain such Applicaiton for Witness Examination that also put up by Respondent (mother) at this stage without any waiving Applicaiton before on cost etc.?

Now Court wants to please the Respondent (mother) so it ordered "Put up for DE on NDOH", thus my above que. arose which is to check with Ld. members here if really DE stands for Defendent Evidence !.
Respected memebers here gave right answers and my doubt got cleared thus this illustration poped based on your answer on knowing 'stage of proceedings'.........So now u got clarified on stage of proceedings hope so.  

Well I hv already challenged before Delhi HC this funny DE Order of Trial Court but I always wonder what a waste of Court time as well as litigants time when a part of Judiciary itself is not properly trained to follow simple CPC Procedures forget a layman like me who is not even law graduate !  

SRIKANTH MYLAVARAPU (SENIOR OFFICER (LEGAL))     03 June 2010

to save time  at call work our judiciary invented short form  writing in docket D.E. stands for defendants evidence

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register