Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pasupathy (Assistant)     05 January 2012

What are the rights of notice period employee - urgent help

Hi,

Please answer my queries

I am working in MNC BPO company at Chennai, notice period for 2 months in company policy.

Now i resigned my job on 20/12/2011, my reliving date 20/02/2012.  Now i am facing some issues in that company.

1.  Employees are not treated as gentle, treated as slave.

2. I am raising this issue in HR past two months back, no actions are taken

Suddenly the manager spoke to me yesterday (04/01/2012) we relieve within one week.

It is shock for me.  How to handle this situation please help.

Learning

3 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     05 January 2012

best think engage a advocate, and send the notice to the company and report labour department .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 January 2012

1.The company does not want you to raise issue  that employees are being treated badly at work place, and they wish to continue in the same manner and thus are being adamant and recalcitrant. However instead of lodging some emotional outburst be specific in your representations e.g. rude behavior, abusive language, threatening deliberations etc and submit your representations to the good offices of  Head-HR, MD, CEO, Chairman etc instead of some HR executive and make sure that if some verbal enquiry is conducted the employees witness and confirm the incidence and most importantly minutes of discussion with the enquiry officer are submitted to the good offices narrating the whole meeting and feedback given by the employees.

If you wish you can lodge a grievance with o/o labor Commissioner. Some companies feel that they are a state within  state and no employee has got the right to involve the Govt. agencies installed for the welfare and good of employees. This shall be their funeral and let them handle it. Be assured that afterwards these personnel perpetuating and littering nuisance shall correct their behavior. You can also become member of some trade union and your union shall take up the matter on behalf of all employees.

2. It shall be appropriate to submit a notice of resignation with last date in office written as effective date of resignation instead of relieving date. If the company relieves you before effective date of resignation it can be termed as illegal however if the company want to relieve you within a week and you wish to agree then company is liable to tender notice pay @ expressed in your employment contract and @ same rate as applicable to employee.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     07 January 2012

These are the ills of a strange culture that has crept in. It never used to happen in erstwhile societies.

* First make a written representation to the company. Have proof that you have handed over your representation.

* All said and done, please bear on mind that your fight, brief or stretched will not yield too much. So think well. If they will relieve you with good testimonials and the month's salary etc as per your terms of appointment, it will be well to accept it and find an alternate job. --- All these sorts of jobs operate in same mannerisms. You will have to take a decision based on what you desire, what you are (qualification, experience, capacities, merit, your zeal, your innovation)  vis-a-vis opportunities, compulsions etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register