LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hamid Ali khan (NONE)     18 December 2011

What are the implications for cancelling assignment deed/gpa

My mother had signed the above with a 2nd party to deal with the properties she is entitled to inherit.

The list of the properties is quite substantial and since she does not reside in india, she had given the above to one of his cousin who was dealing with the properties representing other share holders as well.

The assignment deed was signed back in 1999/2000. My uncle never provided any of the share holders with any documents he made them sign over time and again. Believing him all the family members were signing the documents with asking for copies of the documents.

It came to light recently that he is misusing it to his own benefit. There is example of 1 property which was mentioned in assignment deed which he got court order for 100 acres out of 302 acres. the present value of land in the area is around 4crores/acre, which means the value of 100 acres is around 400 cr+. He is currently making all of the shareholders to sign a conveynance deed and special general power attorney for this portion of land and paying only 16laks (for sons) / 8 laks (daughter) for this. during the course of the proceedings from 2000-2011 they had paid us in installments amounting to rs70,000 (mother share) only.

After investigating and finding out the actual value of the property we have refused to sign the document and advised them to provide the assignment deed or any other documents stating the share they will give us the they share they will keep for themselves, which they are refusing to provide us.

In this context can we approach / put a notice in newspaper and cancel this and any other agreements signed with them. What will be the implications of this on us. We would like to file a suit against them for delaying the matter for soo long and now paying us ridiculous amount of money, whereas they are going to reap the benefits.

Learning

2 Replies

Mohammed Altaf Uddin Khan (Student)     18 March 2013

I think you are talking about shamshiguda village syno. 57 item no. 252 in cs7 of 1958 Asman Jahi Paigah and also you have made an assignment deed with sreepath Deshpande and other

amjad (Director)     19 February 2014

Hi it's instresting so what is the update how many defendends signed can u share the details, let me see i can help u in this matter

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register