LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayachandran J (engineer)     29 October 2009

Water Leakage

I am living in Bangalore,  my apartment has water leakage (2nd floor), It forms a dampness in the  1 floor apartment. Now I have to do water proofing and other action.

In this case how has to pay the expenditure. It is I have to pay fully or it’s shared by other apartment person also.

Please clarify me.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

If water leakage only to your aprtment you are the only person to bear the expenditure.

Darshan Sharma (Lawyer-cum-detective)     29 October 2009

One who is responsible for cause of leakage must bear the cost of  plugging/stopping/preventing leakage. In case, the builder or the owner of the other apartment/flat is responsible, he should bear the cost of stopping and preventng leakage besides bearing the cost of damage, if any due to leakage. Ofcourse, first make a polite approach accompanied by say two neighbours/office bearers of welfare society. In absence of positive response,  you can issue a legal notice to the deliquent party/culprit, if any.

Never tolerate injustice and infringements of your rights as a citizen but act after consulting wise and selfless relatives/friends/neighbours/colleages

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register