LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddhartha Sankar   12 July 2020

Water leak from overhead flat.

I have purchased a flat in chennai on Jan, 2019. My flat located at 2nd floor. After 6 month of purchase, water leak started from the kitchen of 3rd floor flat and soaking into my kitchen celling. I complained to the builder, he is not responding. He already rectified leaks in my bathroom after purchasing the flat. As the owner of the 3rd floor flat, modified the kitchen flooring personaly, the builder is not ready to rectify it for free. In middle of them I'm sandwiched.
My concern is, as the leak is from 3rd floor flat, it's the owner's responsibility to rectify, not mine or builder as the owner has changed the floor plan of his kitchen.
Does the law support me? if yes , which section of such law supports my concern?
Thank you very much.

Learning

1 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     12 July 2020

1. IF 3rd floor flat owner has made any type of changes, THEN builder is legally not liable for ANYTHING.

2. You may prefer to make a written complaint to the local ward office of Municipal and the Police, for offences of Nuisance and Mischief and request for investigation and prosecution, more so since such leakges corrode the building putting it under danger.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register