Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Agarwal (Engineer)     20 April 2015

Want to do llb in pune

Hi All,

I am 37 years old and currently working in an IT company. I want to do LLB in parallel from a college in Pune only. I know that ILS Law College and Symbiosis Law College are the top two colleges in Pune. The fees at ILS is about Rs. 30,000 per year and the fees at Symbiosis is about Rs. 1,60,000 per year.

I definitely will be applying for ILS when the admission process starts next month. (I intend to skip Symbiosis mainly due to their high fees and also their entrance test). But in case I don't get admission in ILS Pune, I would like to apply to a couple of other colleges as backup. 

There are many other law collges in Pune like Bharati Vidyapeeth, DES at FC Road, Shahu college at Parvati, Shivaji college at Swargate, A K Khan at Poona college, Marathwada Mitra Mandals Law College, Yashwantrao Chavan law college, Balaji college, etc. I have the following questions:

1) After ILS and Symbiosis, which out of the remaining law colleges in Pune, stand at no.3 and no. 4 in terms of ranking. Leaving out Symbi, which other two law colleges in Pune should I apply to as a backup?

2) I would hate wearing a uniform. I don't mind following a colour/dress code - for example say white shirt and black trousers. Can you tell me which of the Pune colleges do NOT have a UNIFORM with college emblem?

3) I understand that I need to do a full time regular LLB course to be able to practice is courts. Can you tell me the colleges that are lenient in terms of attendance? 

4) Are there any law students/lawyers from PUNE  in this forum whom I can speak to for guidance on admission/law college?

Regards,

--Gaurav

Learning

3 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     20 April 2015

its good to hear that you want to pursue legal career but tell me one thing from your 2nd questions when while styding you are do not want to follow the stipulated college dress code how come you take up a career were throughout your career you have to wear a white shirt with black court with a black gown Mr Gaurav Agarwal

Gaurav Agarwal (Engineer)     20 April 2015

Dear Mahesh, I do NOT mind wearing a white shirt and black court/gown my whole life and even in my coffin. I had stated " I don't mind following a colour/dress code".  On googling, I had read on some websites/articles, that some colleges have mandated a uniform. With uniform, I meant a more stricter version - something with a college emblem embossed on the shirt pocket, or uniforms with typical colours like cream or light blue worn in school! 

Maneet Giri   11 February 2018

Hello there,

Did you get the admission in any of the colleges yet? If yes, please let me know how did you manage to get through while working?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register