LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

asad haider (general)     02 October 2013

Want to cancel marriage

Hi, I am suppose to get married in two weeks. But i want to cancel the marriage. If i cancel marriage now can the girl family take legal action against me. If yes, what can they do. and what can i do to protect me and my family from this. One thing  i am sure that if i get married it would not be in best intrest of either girl or in mine. Please suggest.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Thank your stars and your brain that the tublelight turned into a LED light. Girl side can do anything, but do not get scared. They might lodge a complaint against you, but you have to be firm on your decision, do not succumb to societal demands of the hour. Just say no. Cannot. Impossible. Nothing will happen to you legally. But if you succumb to societal pressure, then you will repent for the rest of your life until the day you get divorce decree.

Rehman Vohra (Not applicable)     03 October 2013

I agree with Helping Hand. You have been engaged, which can be cancelled BEFORE the marriage is solemnised. No, the girl's family can not take any legal action against you.

Even if they lodge complain against you, i am sure that complain will be thrown away, because engagement can be broken any time by any party. 

(Guest)

@ Author,

1. A mere engagement is not called as the social binding or final domestic contract.

2. Here it should be noted that any social or domestic agreement (an engagement a agreement for marriage in future) is not count under valid agreement or any contract which can be enforced by any law.

3. You have to be bold and frankly put your considerations out over her and parent's.

4. You have very less time so start soon and clear cut throw your point's what made you to call off your marriage.

5. If they are sensible person's then definately they will listen you and amicably bind up the future thought's.

6. It is a hell rather than heaven if marriage happen's against the will of either of the spouse.So,think ahead before joining such institution.

7. Every thing can be done prior to marriage but whatever done after that all have to be legaly done.

8. So,don't waste time get some gut's ,if not then have a hard rum or taquila engulf with all the pain's you would face in future if you will be married by her:/,then wash your face and spray some refresher inside your mouth and directly go to unveil your pain's to all and completely bind up all.......

best of luck.

1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     04 October 2013

nothing left to add, agree with experts

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register