LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neeraj   16 August 2016

Want divorce against false education info

HI Madam/Sir,

I will be very grateful to you for providing me such information. Please advise me how to protect myself/my family by Fake dowry case/complaint if my wife does so. We are supposed to have upfront conversion her family for separation/divorce as we have been cheated by them as they provided us false information to get my YES to marry their girl, even girl also told me that wrong information personally. Please let me know the precautionary procedure /preventive action for fake dowry complaint. below i mentioned details about all happend.

i got married in Nov 2015..........i met my wife for 2-3 Minutes and ask her name & education and we also demanded her education certificates which they anyhow managed to hide or didnt show..............she lied to me by her toung & by her parents too and after marriege i came to know by herself that she is not even 10th pass and havent done proper regular schooling..........she lastly appeared for 10th exam thru distance  and got failed. 

in April 2016 under pressure of my & her family i agreed to adjust with her & took her to my home ....tried to adjust for 3 months. but that didnt work out.

as she is not properly educated and brought up in a rural family & environment. i am not able to sustain/adjust with her as i cant digest abt what she lied to me or the way she is in terms of behaviour,understanding,approach,talking ,walking ,lifestyle etc etc......

in short i dont want to live with her ........i told her abt this issue in July 2016,........she informed her family. now her family threatening me to do legal action against me.

they want us to do a meeting with them in near future. so should i register any FIR or complaint about them before they take any legal action against me.

NOTE: i consumed this marriege once before i was not aware of this fact, secondely twice when i was trying to adjust with her.
             now she is with her parents.

please advise asap 

Very grateful Regards 


 13 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 August 2016

If you buy a vegetable also, you bargain and check the quality and it is your negligence in not vereifying antecedents.  Most successful males wives are not also so much educated.  It depends on compassion and compromise.  One can not live happily with mutual disrespect and distrust.  Contact advocate and let her ive her own life without hurling allegations against her . Live and let live .  Those individuals who are having well educated wives also have similar complaints that wives are arrogant.  I do not know whethr your mother is educated or not but still your father lived happily .

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 August 2016

The information provided is not a ground for seeking divorce. You cannot have any precautions against the future other than not indulge in anything wrong, wilfully.

Angad Singh (Lawyer)     16 August 2016

I feel that Mr. Prasad's reply was the most s*xist that I have ever come across on a legal forum. You sir, are replying on the assumption that women are inferior to men intellectualy and even if a woman is at the same "intellectual" level of her husband, she is bound to be arrogant. This is pitiful and downright insulting.

Coming back to the matter at hand Neeraj, you must file an FIR against your wife and her family for fraud and file a petiton for divorce citing mental cruelty. Let the court take cognizance of this matter and proceed therein.

whatnot   16 August 2016


You are trying to play victim card here. For reasons known only to you, you wish to come out of relationship and you're diggin some flimsy reason for the same.

There is a proverb which says one may say 1000 lies to get someone married.

If education has thought you anything, you should take her under your wings and let he complete study and be a better man. Since education has failed you in regard to be better person, how dare you mailgn her about her background.

From a legal perspective, you are at disadvantage and no court will provide divorce. at least not immidiately.

Just pray that there is no good samartian in their family who has some legal knowledge. If so, any lawyer worth his salt will make your life miserble.





1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 August 2016

Mr. GLN Prasad has been making meaningful and valuable contribution to this forum. It is my considered opinion that this forum provides more than enough space for everyone to state hi/her point of view without being judgemental of others.

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     16 August 2016

We agree with Mr Venu that Mr Prasad though non legal person is giving realistic  assessments.


Others have freedom to give any aflatoon opinion but the same does  not  work in courts


And how some one can prove that false information about education was given. On similar lines hundred and one accusations can be made even against husband.

Angad Singh (Lawyer)     16 August 2016

I never asserted the veracity of his contributions to the forum. I only pointed out the remarks he made. I was critical only of his sentence and not of him as a contributor.

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     16 August 2016

Dear Neeraj,

It will be very difficult to prove that she lied about her educational qualification.


If you are able to prove it then it can be the case of fraud.  Please refer to section 17 in the Indian Contract Act, 1872 which defines "Fraud."


You have to prove that the particular fraud has affected your decision to marry her.  Moreover you can file for annulment on the basis of fraud but it has to be reported within one year after the fraud has been discovered by you.


It is very difficult to prove all these things instead go for MCD.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 August 2016

@ Shri Angad Singh,

I am sorry for giving you scope for such remarks, which I never even have in dream.  Please go through the post, my only submission is that if one is not having compassion and love, even a mole may appear as mountain in marital life.  Those husbands complain on not having education and having education and other silly things, and for generations, even without out these tags, most of the couples lived happily with compromise and adjustment with mutal respect.

A walk alone (-)     16 August 2016

You have make a big issue of little thing in your life. Education is not a big issue. If you want her to be educated then you can provide her education. It's not a ground for divorce. Ask yourself are you sure if you married after divorce the well educated girl will never create problem? Look at this forum many educated wife has creates problem in husband's and his family life. Anyway its your life your decision. You have two option 1) If you made up your mind for divorce then first collect evidence of being frauds. Like some document shows that they are fraud eg. Her qualifications given in biodata and her original education documents comparison. File fraud case before completing one year of marriage. 2) go to any lawyer he will draft you ground file divorce. But before going for any option first collect evidence audio or video in which she and her family accept that you never ask dowry and tortured her( for this you can organize a family meeting of both side elder and make them accept & just make a recording). It will help you in case they file any fake case on you and your family .

Neeraj   28 September 2016

Hello Madam/Sir,

Hope you doing well………..as I earlier told you about my problem in my first post above ………………….i would like to aware you guys about recent incident happened with me.

As her father initiated and asked us to organize a meeting for discussion ,which was supposed to happen between my family and in-laws ………………..which has not happened yet even her family is also not showing any interest to meet on. Well I really can’t live with her , she is at her parents’ home now. And calling to me, my mother, sister and bhabhi. She is misbehaving and using insulting tone & abusive language while talking over phone.

Over phone she talked with me such abusive words .

(sorry I am mentioning these bad words, just to let you know how down market women she is and I am also not able to speak such words):



Teri maa chudwa dungi……

Teri behan chudwa dungi………

(some of experts were blaming me and seeing my fault ……………I hope now you people can understand what sort of women she is).

One of her relative told they are planning to do case as one of their relative is lawyer. I am more tensed about my family and their suffering, I don’t want them to suffer because of it. 

Should I complaint about fraud and insult?

Shall i leave my home & live somewhere else to so my family would not be harm by them?

Please advise what to do as its 10 month finished of marriege.



Neeraj   29 September 2016

this is specially for autohide4u,

do you really think your reply over my post is helpfull.................you have wrote all such non-sense which is general things happend in such false cases.

secondly dont waste your so much time and efforts in writing a lengthy reply if its not helpfull.

you crying about indian law and indian society .......................which i know better too 

but i want solution or deal on this man.


Rahul Sharma   26 March 2023


I want to add one thing, if someone cheated you in any sense it hurts, if some one realy provided wrong information and married with you then it is wrong, if have enough proof then submit that lets court decide it...and talking about good marriage good life..if same thing happens with other or with there son will they accept it..will they talk in same manners...giving advise to other on good marriage when our own marriage is good is like sitting in ac and give advise to worker of steam enginee...(jiski jalti hai usko pata hai)...it is right our law diverted towards woman but it is good at the old time, law needs to be change...now all are saying women are equal to men then why this law is needed there are so many cases identified in which women take advantage of such law ...atleast we have to made such law in which if identified false misuse of this laws by women then there is sudden divorce happen and penalty separate which atleast protect truely innocent husband

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register