LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajiv Bahl   08 July 2020

wages cut

my employer cut my salary over a disciplinary action without a recovery order, can i complain to the nhrc.

Learning

6 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     08 July 2020

Originally posted by : Rajiv Bahl
my employer cut my salary over a disciplinary action without a recovery order, can i complain to the nhrc.

1. You may TRY and see it works before NHRC.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 July 2020

A pay cut cannot be enacted without the employee being notified. If an employer cuts an employee’s pay without telling him, it is considered a breach of contract.

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     14 July 2020

Paycut without any justification by the employer can be challenged. But I do not think NHRC has any jurisdiction over this issue. 

Keshav Korgaonkar   15 July 2020

Dear Rajiv Bahl ji,

The issue is there between you and your employer. Your employer made deduction from your salary towards discilinary action against you. You say that the deduction is made with out any recovery order.

This matter falls under the jurisdication of Labour Department or Labour Laws or under Contract of Employment. I failed to understand how NHRC will come in picture in this case.

Your company must have issued you a order of punishment. That is good enough of recovery order. There is no such recovery order prescribed under Payment of Wages Act or any other Labour Laws.

Rajiv Bahl   15 July 2020

keshav ji i don't know the recovery amount.

Keshav Korgaonkar   15 July 2020

Dear Rajiv Bahl ji,

Unless your entire matter is not understand by anybody, he can not comment any thing. Answer to your question is given.

NHRC has no role to play. You have to make complaint to Labour Department by giving details of every thing including what was your indiscipline and what & how the action against you intiated by your employer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register