IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naresh (analyst)     29 November 2014

Vodafone legal notice sent


I got legal notice from vodafone for not paying the postpaid bill.

which was not my number but name and address is mine. 

and i tried to convey same to vodafone but they says that i have to pay the bill.

i dont know how vodafone have given connection to unknown people without proper verification 

(it is a serious threat issue)


i am not ready to pay the bill which i was not used. 

can i file a complaint against vodafone ?
please advice me how to approach.


 11 Replies

Pragnya B Mishra (Others)     29 November 2014

How did they get your name and address?

naresh (analyst)     29 November 2014


i am not sure and i am vodafone prepaid coustomer.



Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 November 2014

The KYC doc's I.E. Address/ID proof has probably been doctored......and signature on CAF has been forged. You may demand the certified copy under original seal and signature of competent employee of M/s Vodafone . .....CAF showing name of Vodafone executive and BM that have passed the CAF, CCTV footage showing you in Vodafone store, your address proof/IDproof acquired by company and marked OSV,physical verification report conducted by Vodafone showing name address of agency and agent,....recording of Tele-verification etc..... You must reply to legal notice under acknowledgement preferably thru your lawyer and caution them not to record your name amongst defaulters.. along

IKGoyal Advocate (Legal)     01 December 2014

Send the reply of the notice under registered cover with A.D. & lodge a complainant with the S.P. of your area. It is serious ous

IKGoyal Advocate (Legal)     01 December 2014

*Serious offence. Act upon immediately.

Pragnya B Mishra (Others)     01 December 2014

I think the reply to notice for now should be simply that you do not own any such connection/ no in ur name. Thats all. Even if vodafone comes back to you stating all the material/evidence it has against you, do not reply anything beyond simply reiterating your one point stand of denial.

Let vodafone go to court and prove its claim. Then you can contest it and  ask court for a direction upon vodafone during proceedings for a delivery of all the materials/evidence to you which it proposes to rely upon, and then you can set up your defence accordingly. (Consult a good lawyer then). 

Also parallelly when you have scrutinised the material/documents produced by vodafone and feel signature has been forged, you can lodge an FIR with the police. 



Pragnya B Mishra (Others)     01 December 2014

In fact, once you feel documents/materials have been fabricated and /or signature forged , instead of going to the police, you can directly  complain in writing to a magistrate, which however will be taken cognizance of only when the court before which vodafone produces such fabricated documents as evidence also makes a written complaint in terms of s/195 of crpc.  

naresh (analyst)     01 December 2014

Thankyou for response. 

IKgoyal:  i got legal notice through normal post not a register post.

naresh (analyst)     01 December 2014

Mishra Thank you for response.

do i need to wait untill vodafone produce those document to court ? 

Pragnya B Mishra (Others)     01 December 2014

If you are asking about waiting until the original documents relied upon by party are produced in court, before you file complain of forgery and fabrication of documents, yes.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 December 2014

You give a reply to the notice properly denying the entire averments and issue a warning that you may initiate a criminal case against them if they do not stop issuing such false claims against you in the future, the company after receiving the reply will wind up without bothering you in the future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query